Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Rice Fast

I’m currently on a rice fast due to an unpleasant experience. However, this is India- rice is everywhere. I’ve made it 48 hours so far without eating rice or keeling over from hunger. Amazing, I know. We’ll see how long I can keep it up.

Foods I’ve been craving

(I know it’s only been six weeks compared to dan’s six months- but still….)

  1. sushi
  2. a steak quesadilla from casa sanchez
  3. chicken wings- Lewisburg style (specifically Mikes 512)
  4. a chipotle burrito (hmm, a Mexican theme? Sans rice)
  5. salmon and brie- (thanks to mom for helping me out with this one)
  6. seafood in general
  7. raw vegetables…..a fresh green salad never sounded so amazing

Food I May never eat again Upon Returning to the States

(perhaps a slight exaggeration...)

  1. rice
  2. chapattis
  3. Dal
  4. cauliflower
  5. momos- (okay, I jest- momos are amazing)

1 comment:

ifonly2118 said...

i hate to break your heart, but you may never have mikes 512's wings again. seeing as it is now the location of a "paint your own pottery" establishment.

and ooooh, do i have a story for you! i'll update via email soonish, promise!